Wednesday, March 4, 2009


Sorry I've been so slow about updating this blog. I realized it's been a while. The cake orders are getting more regular now that winter is almost over. There was one week in February where all my orders were cancelled because I was sick. I only get sick about once a year and it happened this time on a week where there were 6 orders for one of my regular clients. When she heard I was sick she gracefully let me back out. I was really disappointed to let that business go, but I realize my health is more important and I really needed to rest anyway. So since then I've been able to try some new decorating techniques that I've wanted to try for a long time. Among the new things I've learned is making chocolate cigarellos, like the ones in the picture. That was my Mom's birthday cake. The cigarellos are just hollow little tubes of chocolate and they complemented the chocolate whipped frosting and strawberries so well. It was basically a chocolate strawberry shortcake. I've started making a list of new things I want to try. There's about a dozen new things I've been wanting to learn such as painting with pearl dust on fondant and carving a purse cake. Hopefully this year will allow me to be creative and learn some new things.

No comments: