Monday, August 25, 2008

Chocolate Fondant


This cake was my first experiment with chocolate fondant. I was quite pleased with the taste of it - it was a lot like fudge. I have mixed feelings about fondant. A lot of people don't like it because of its chewy texture and over-sweet taste. On the other hand, it looks phenomenal on a cake - a smooth, finished look. I think the taste of a cake is equally important to its looks. So I'm not opposed to using fondant when a customer requests it- but it's not my preference for taste. This particular cake was just for fun - three of my family members have birthdays in August so we knocked them all out with one big cake. It was a fun one to make. The next two weeks I will be doing prep work for upcoming projects including royal icing flowers.

No comments: