Sunday, August 17, 2008

Raspberry cake



Here's a cake that I tested on my church for a potluck. It was very much a test-cake because both the cheesecake whipped frosting and the inside raspberry cake were brand new recipes. I was pretty pleased with how it tasted, though it may need some tweeking. I have an order coming up this weekend for a 4 year old's birthday party. He wanted a starfish cake - so I'll be designing this one off the top of my head. At first the mom said she wanted a "Patrick the starfish" cake from the character on "Spongebob Squarepants" except she said she wanted him without the pants. Ok - so a naked cartoon starfish - that's a first. Then she drew up a sketch of what the cake should look like, which is basically just a star cake with eyes and a mouth. So that's what I'll be doing this weekend.

No comments: